Join us for some Judy Hopps quotes as we explore the wise words of our favourite bunny cop!
Judy Hopps is a bunny with a dream as she breaks stereotypes to become Zootopia Police Department’s first rabbit on the force.
When Judy is tasked with finding Emmitt Otterton in 48 hours, she tricks conman Nick Wilde into aiding her search. Judy is determined and intent on finding the missing otter, and the unlikely duo sets out on an adventure to solve the case!
So get ready to be inspired and laugh out loud as we list the best Judy Hopps quotes!
You might also like our Zootopia quotes!
The Best Judy Hopps Quotes
Let’s start by looking at some of the best Judy Hopps quotes!
- Judy Hopps: Gideon Grey was a jerk who happens to be a fox. I know plenty of bunnies who are jerks.
- Judy Hopps: I’m not a dumb bunny.
- Judy Hopps: Oh sweet cheese and crackers.
- Judy Hopps: Oh ah. You probably didn’t know but a bunny can call another bunny “cute” but when other animals do it, it’s a little…
- Judy Hopps: It just, you know, it burns me up to see folks with such backward attitudes toward foxes. I just wanna say you’re a great dad and just a real articulate fella.
- Young Judy Hopps: Fear. Treachery. Bloodlust. Thousands of years ago, these were the forces that ruled our world. A world where prey were scared of predators. And predators had an uncontrollable, biological urge to maim and maul and…[throws red confetti] Ahh! Blood! Blood! Blood! [Falls and squeezes ketchup into the air] And death.
- Judy Hopps: Sir, I’m not just some token bunny.
- Judy Hopps: I’m not…I’m not a hero. I came here to make the world a better place but I think I broke it.
- Judy Hopps: I know you’ll never forgive me, and I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t forgive me either. I was ignorant and irresponsible and small-minded. But predators shouldn’t suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this. But I can’t do it without you. And…and after we’re done, you can hate me, and… and that’ll be fine, because I was a horrible friend, and I hurt you, and you… and you can walk away knowing that you were right all along. I really am just a dumb bunny.
- Nick Wilde: Sly bunny.
Judy Hopps: Dumb Fox.
Nick Wilde: You know you love me.
Judy Hopps: Do I know that? Yes. Yes, I do.
Inspirational Judy Hopps Quotes
Judy Hopps is one inspiring bunny! Here are some of her motivational quotes!
- Young Judy Hopps: Back then, the world was divided in two – vicious predator or meek prey. But over time, we evolved. And moved beyond our primitive savage ways. Now, predator and prey live in harmony. And every young mammal has multitudinous opportunities!
Sharla: Yeah, I don’t have to cower in a herd anymore. Instead, I can be an astronaut
Jaguar: I don’t have to be a lonely hunter anymore. Today I can hunt for tax exemptions; I’m going to be an actuary!
Young Judy Hopps: And I can make the world a better place. I am going to be…a police officer!
- Judy Hopps: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
- Young Judy Hopps: [After being told there has never been a bunny cop] Oh. Then I guess I’ll have to be the first one. Because I am gonna make the world a better place.
- Judy Hopps: Tomorrow’s another day.
- Judy Hopps: And you, little guy, you want to be an elephant when you grow up? You be an elephant. Because this is Zootopia. Anyone can be anything.
- Young Judy Hopps: Well he was right about one thing, I don’t know when to quit.
- Nick Wilde: If the world’s only gonna see a fox as shifty and untrustworthy, there’s no point in trying to be anything else.
Judy Hopps: Nick, you are so much more than that.
- Judy Hopps: When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life’s a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what kind of animal you are, from the biggest elephant, to our first fox, I implore you…try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us.
Funny Judy Hopps Quotes
Zootopia is full of quick quips – here are some of Judy’s best!
- Judy Hopps: Greasy walls. Rickety bed. Crazy neighbors. I love it!
- Judy Hopps: I popped the weasel!
- Judy Hopps: You can’t just touch a sheep’s wool!
- Judy Hopps: It’s called a hustle, sweetheart! Boom.
- Judy Hopps: That’s two decades, so times 20 which is $1,460,000, I think. I mean, I am just a dumb bunny, but we are good at multiplying.
- Judy Hopps: I hope so. We are really fighting the clock and every minute counts. [sees inside the DMV] Wait. They’re all sloths? You said this was going to be quick!
- Judy Hopps: Actually, it’s your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you’re going to help me find this poor missing otter or the only place you’ll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria
- Judy Hopps: Actually, I’m an officer. Just had a quick question: Are your customers aware they’re getting snot and mucus with their cookies and cream?
- Judy Hopps: Hmm, hate to disagree with you, sir, but those aren’t onions. Those are a crocus varietal called midnicampum holicithias. They’re a Class C botanical, sir. Well, I grew up in a family where plant husbandry was kind of a thing.
More Judy Hopps Quotes
Judy Hopps has some great one-liners, so here are some more!
- Judy Hopps: Hey! Hey! No one tells me what I can or can’t be! Especially not a jerk who never had the guts to try to be anything more than a popsicle hustler.
- Young Judy Hopps: It might seem impossible to small minds. I’m looking at you Gideon Grey. But just 211 miles away stands the great city of Zootopia where our ancestors first joined together in peace and declared anyone can be anything.
- Judy Hopps: 100 tickets. I’m not gonna write 100 tickets. I’m gonna write 200 tickets. Before noon.
- Judy Hopps: What is your problem? Does seeing me fail somehow make you feel better about your own sad, miserable life?
- Judy Hopps: I just stated the facts of the case. I mean, it’s not like a bunny could go savage.
- Judy Hopps: What I mean is, thousands of years ago, uh, predators survived through their… aggressive hunting instincts. For whatever reason, they seem to be reverting back to their primitive, savage ways.
- Judy Hopps: Stop, in the name of the law!
- Judy Hopps: All right, slick Nick, you’re under arrest!
- Judy Hopps: You’re gonna want to refrain from calling me Carrots.
Judy Hopps Facts & Trivia
Judy Hopps represents optimism and shows us we can reach our dreams, no matter what anyone says. It is up to us to decide who we want to be!
Although the name Judy Hopps is similar to the 21 Jump Street character Judy Hoffs, Byron Howard confirmed this was just a coincidence!
Judy is 24 years old.
Yes! Judy’s middle name is Laverne.
One of Judy’s most inspirational speeches comes at the end of the movie: “Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common. And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try. So no matter what kind of animal you are, from the biggest elephant, to our first fox, I implore you…try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us”.
The Best Zootopia Quotes!
Zootopia is such a great movie so I hope you enjoyed these Judy Hopps quotes!
Want some more Zootopia quotes? Check out our Nick Wilde quotes!
Let me know your favorite in the comments!
You might also like:
Lindsey is the creator and writer for Mouse Trip Magic. When she’s not walking down Main Street, she likes to bring the Disney magic home with Disney movies, fun recipes and cute Disney finds. Her love of storytelling and cinematography led her to pursue a degree in film and media, which means she loves to research and take a deep dive into all things Disney!